GLOBAL RETAIL MANAGER
CULTURAL PRODUCTS AND MERCHANDISING
We are looking for a senior professional who will assume the overall design, implementation, and management of our global retail business, from product assortment to point of sale supervision.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Defining -hand in hand with top management- the company’s global retail strategy.
• Defining the desired shopping experience and the adequate retail mix to achieve it: product, price, place, promotion, processes, people, and physical evidence.
• Defining our product assortment, including ArtDidaktik branded items, own products as licensees, and third-party products.
• Customizing the shopping experience and retail mix to different geographic markets.
• Defining and implementing our e-commerce strategy.
• Recruiting PoS local staff at our different exhibitions jointly with each Exhibition Manager. Training. Functional supervising and appraising.
• Efficient and effective coordination with Exhibition Managers.
• Budgeting and reporting.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction and adequate solution of queries and complaints
• Purchasing, sourcing (in&out), and stock control, and associated logistics.
• Managing licensing agreements.
• Optimizing profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so.
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation.
• Preparing promotional materials and displays.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Retail Management or similar, and/or proven experience and track record in retail management of cultural products and merchandising, or others of similar nature.
• Minimum 5 years of management experience.
• International experience (working internationally and/or in a multinational environment) will be highly valued.
• Excellent command of English is a must, and a working command of Spanish highly valuable. Knowledge of other languages will be an advantage.
• Familiarity with the world of museums and cultural institutions would be a plus.
• Leadership skills: most part of staff will work at a distance and report functionally to her/him, and hierarchically to local Exhibition Manager.
• Excellent IT skills
• Numerical skills
• Verbal communication skills
• Teamworking skills
• Organizational skills
• Commercial awareness
• Attention to detail
• Ability to deliver under pressure and to solve unexpected situations and/or in a promptly and effective manner
• Competitive remuneration package given the selected candidate profile, including fix, variable, and participation in phantom shares program
• An opportunity to be part of a disruptive, ambitious start-up aiming to become the leader in its segment worldwide
• Working hand in hand with the top management of the company in an entrepreneurial culture
• International exposure
• While the company is headquartered in Barcelona (Spain), working remotely would be no problem. Extensive travelling is required
• Professional development and growth within the company
• Lots of work and fun
• ArtDidaktik is an equal opportunities employer